Thursday, September 04, 2014

52-Week Illustration Challenge, Week 36

"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down..." - Mixed media collage backdrop for a puppet show. Acrylic paints, real straw for walls, paper clouds, windows and door, thumbtack doorknob with commercial wolf puppet.

Week 36 House
Week 36: House

Update:

I decided I needed to do Part 2 of House I. "He huffed and he puffed and he blew my straw house down..." Mixed media collage backdrop for a puppet show. Acrylic paints, real sticks and cardboard bricks for walls, corrugated cardboard door, thumbtack doorknob, paper clouds and windows, computer print-out photos, with commercial pig puppet (playing three roles).

Week 36 House III
Week 36: House III

Between the above mixed media collages, I created another collage with flint paper, card, corrugated cardboard, black ballpoint ink and glitter stars. The black house is actually the negative space cut from the indigo flint paper:

Week 36 House II
Week 36: House II

Cotswold Cottage (1600s) and gardens, all transported from Chedworth, Gloucestershire, England, to Henry Ford's Greenfield Village, Michigan, USA. Watercolour and black Sharpie.

Week 36 House IV
Week 36: House IV

Week 36: House IV - mounted

No comments: